he Enterprise PKI snap-in does not appear in the list of default Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-ins. The Enterprise PKI snap-in becomes available in the Add/Remove snap-ins list only after you have installed one or more Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) role services on the computer or you have installed the AD CS Remote Server Administration Tools from Server Manager.
You must be an administrator on the server to complete this procedure.
To install the AD CS Remote Server Administration Tools
- In Server Manager, click Add Features to start the Add Features Wizard.
- In the Select Features window, click the plus sign that appears to the left of the Remote Server Administration Tools check box, and then click the plus sign to the left of the Role Administration Tools check box.
- Select the Active Directory Certificate Services check box, click Next, and then click Install.
- When installation is complete, click Close.
If the computer you want to perform remote administration tasks from is running Windows Vista, you can obtain the Remote Server Administration Tools Pack from the Microsoft Download Center (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=89361).
After you have installed the AD CS Remote Server Administration Tools or installed one or more AD CS role services, you can proceed with the following procedure to install the Enterprise PKI snap-in.
You must be a local administrator to complete this procedure.
To install the Enterprise PKI snap-in
- Click Start, click Run, type mmc, and then press ENTER.
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Add the Enterprise PKI snap-in to the list on the right.
- Click OK.